Last Updated on October 26, 2022
Explore the 100mentors Simplifying Approaches to Teaching and Learning Series to get a clearer perspective on educational theory vocabulary, direct tips for implementing teacher-friendly techniques, and get the most out of educational technology.
As IB educators, we know that we have to bring Approaches to Teaching and Learning (ATLs) to our classroom as an integrated tool that enhances our lessons and serves the IB mission. The 100mentors Simplifying Approaches to Teaching and Learning Series suggests ways for teachers to seamlessly combine each instructional strategy with the best-fit student skills so we can satisfy both teaching and learning requirements at the same time.
Through this series, discover how to apply each strategy for a fully focused lesson on a specific teaching-learning goal during a contact hour, but also how to mix and match these techniques to offer a well-rounded course to your students throughout the school year. And don’t forget: you are dealing with digital natives, so integrate educational technology to make instruction appealing, relatable, and meaningful to them.
Get our free infographic to download and refer back to when unifying teacher strategies with student skills:
Read the posts here:
- How Inquiry-Based Teaching improves Student Research Skills
- How to focus on Conceptual Understanding while practicing student Thinking Skills
- How teaching developed in Local and Global Contexts enriches student Communication Skills
- How teaching focused on Teamwork empowers student Social Skills
- How to Differentiate Teaching for the advancement of student Thinking Skills
- How teaching informed by Assessment fosters student Self-Management skills